jls overridding description

konstantin barzilovich konstantin.barzilovich at oracle.com
Wed May 6 15:27:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

In Chapter 8 of jls there is assertion jls-8.4.8.1-100
"An instance method mc, declared in or inherited by class C, overrides
from C another method ma, declared in class A, iff all of the following
are true: "
  which describe conditions of overriding of classes methods. As I
understand, one of jls-8.4.8.1-100-B
"C doesn't inherit ma"
  and jls-8.4.8.1-100-C
"The signature of mc is a subsignature of the signature of ma"
  is redundant because if we omit, for example, jls-8.4.8.1-100-C,
no cases will be missed. The same situation takes place in
jls-9.4.1.1-100 afterJDK-8071453 Allow interface methods to be private
is solved. <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8071453>
Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Konstantin.