Fwd: RFR(m): 8140281 deprecate Optional.get()

Ali Ebrahimi ali.ebrahimi1781 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:26:43 UTC 2016

Hi,
I agree with Jon, Vitaly,
I think the name Optional completely describe its intents and semantics so
I don't think we need more descriptive method name here.
Optional === may be have value
So
Optional.get === may be return value

Therefore, I think this all effort doesn't add any (or enough) value, So
isn't worth of it (from resource POV).
Done side: The all current source codes that uses this method when
compiling with java9 get dozen of warnings.

--

Best Regards,
Ali Ebrahimi