RFR: Update tables in java.base to be HTML5-friendly.

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Wed May 3 23:39:37 UTC 2017

Thanks, Jon.

For the Deque/Queue tables

- * <table BORDER CELLPADDING=3 CELLSPACING=1>
+ * <table class="plain">

I expected that we would modify these to
which rendered alright and is compliant (although "border" is a weird
boolean) and makes the "border intent" clear to humans and to browsers.

THIS IS JAVA, so I'd prefer more verbose meaningful names for these style
classes ... hmmm ... class="contrasting_rows" ?  To me, "plain" is
suggestive of no borders at all.

Can we have some guidance comments in stylesheet.css explaining when to use
the different classes?