JDK 10: Refactoring of LetExpr to allow more than one statement

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Wed May 10 21:00:41 UTC 2017

Hi,
I think that we're I'd like to see things moving is more in the
direction of block expressions, which allow even more freedom. That is,
a list of statements (maybe var decls, but maybe not), followed by an
expression (which is the expression value). I think this could be a
powerful tool that could come handy for some of the features discussed
under the Amber umbrella. So, I agree with you that LetExpr should be
improved, but I guess I'm in for a more radical overhaul ;-)

Maurizio