Type annotations on inner type that is an array components

B. Blaser bsrbnd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:50:09 UTC 2018

Hi Werner,

On 30 July 2018 at 05:31, Werner Dietl <wdietl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Liam for pointing out how to run the tests and, of course, I
> had missed a case: annotations on the array dimensions.
> I re-added the arrayTypeTree helper method that was removed in
>   http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/62e285806e83
> and tier1 tests are now clean, except for some failures that already
> existed for me.
> Updated patch below.

I discovered the suspicious change-set after having submitted the
first patch as initial direction to search, but I was also septic that
it might be the final solution...
I'll take a look at your suggestion and give you my feedback soon.

Maybe examining existing tests ([1],[2],...) and adding missing cases
would be interesting too?

Thanks!
Bernard

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/b7a307084247/test/langtools/tools/javac/annotations/typeAnnotations/referenceinfos