test/langtools/Makefile

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Tue Mar 13 22:51:30 UTC 2018

JCK support is required in some form, but I would expect that the
benefits in having a shared test infrastructure (capable of meeting all
requirements) would outweigh the benefits of Makefiles written over 10
years ago.

There are various aspects to JCK support, including primary
functionality (running the runtime and compiler test suites) and
secondary functionality (building the runtime test suite as a "test" of
the compiler).

The langtools tests do not currently need support for any native code;
nor do we share the test library used by the hotspot and jdk repos. It
would be nice to retain that independence until we choose to do otherwise.

-- Jon