RFR 8203488: Remove error generation from TransTypes

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Mon May 21 17:51:37 UTC 2018

With my JSR 292 hat, Polymorphic signature calls should have not been allowed in 6 (-source 6), calling it as a varargs is never was you want, this feature should only be enabled for 7+
I'm not a big fan of generating a code that will not work at runtime, i think it's better to explain to the user that he/she should use --release 7.
So instead of trying to revert to a basic call, i think it's better to just emit an error early in Attr.

BTW, the VarHandle API also add more calls tagged with @PolymorphicSignature and the semantics of a polymorphic siganture calls was sightly changed, i wonder how the compiler behave when you calls one of these methods with -source 7 or 8 ?

> Webrev:

> [ http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8203488/ |
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8203488/ ]

> Maurizio