RFR: [8218152] javac fails and exits with no error if a bad annotation processor is on the classpath

Jan Lahoda jan.lahoda at oracle.com
Wed Apr 10 08:48:56 UTC 2019

Hi Steve,

I apologize for a late reply. For the FatalError, seems that this
constructor is being called there:
     public FatalError(JCDiagnostic d, Throwable t) {
         super(d.toString(), t);
     }

with "d == null". That, I think, will lead to an immediate NPE, which I
don't think is desirable, as it will hide the actual exception that was
thrown. Or do I miss something?

Thanks,
     Jan