JEP 182: Policy for Retiring javac -source and -target Options

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Sat Jan 11 18:46:17 UTC 2020

I think the set of supported source/target should not change until after a LTS.
Because we should minimize the change in the tooling to upgrade from a release to another one, otherwise, we are defeating the purpose of a 6 month release cadence.

So i propose that for each release just after a LTS, we may decide to revisit the supported versions of --source/--target/--release.

cheers,
Rémi