RFR: JDK-8240970: Some tests fail when run with JCov

Vicente Romero vicente.romero at oracle.com
Wed Mar 18 16:51:01 UTC 2020

Please review fix for [1] at [2]. The intention of these fix is to be
able to have clean jcov results when executing langtools tests. As
explained in the JIRA entry, when running tests with jcov, a number of
tests fail because some env variables used to run tests under jcov cause
the runtime to emit non-suppressible warnings. These warnings can affect
tests that check the output to be as expected. There are other issues we
found like a dependency jcov has on java.logging which they will be
trying to eliminate. This dependency was the case of the failure for
test: tools/jdeps/modules/CheckModuleTest.java. The current solution is
to ignore that dependency. We should be able to restore the test to its
original form once this bug has been fixed in jcov.

Thanks,
Vicente

[2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vromero/8240970/webrev.00/