RFR: JDK-8239544 : Javac does not respect should-stop.ifNoError policy to stop after CompileState PARSE, ENTER and PROCESS

Adam Sotona adam.sotona at oracle.com
Thu Mar 26 14:45:21 UTC 2020

Hi,
I've returned back to the issue and found the patch is affecting annotation processing negatively for cases of "recoverable" errors.
Here is slightly modified fix that does not cause premature stop before annotation processing in such specific situations.
Also the T823954.java test had to be written a bit more complex way to correctly test annotation processing stopping.

new webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asotona/8239544/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asotona/8239544/webrev.01/>

Mach5 build passed Tier1, Tier2 and Tier3 tests (except for java/net/httpclient/FilePublisher/FilePublisherPermsTest.java, which seems to be unrelated).

Thanks for your review,
Adam