RFR: 8246778: Compiler implementation for Sealed Classes (Second Preview)

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Tue Nov 24 09:45:14 UTC 2020

----- Mail original -----
> De: "David Holmes" <david.holmes at oracle.com>

Given that the CSR is closed, i will answer here.
There are two issues with the previous implementation of permittedSubclasses, first it's the only method that using method desc which means that people has to be aware on another non trivial concept (object that describes constant pool constant) to understand how to use the method then i've tested this API with my students, all but one what able to correctly derives the Class from a ClassDesc, so instead of asking every users of permittedSubclasses to go through the oops of getting Class from a ClassDesc, i think we can agree that it's better to move the burden from the user to the JDK implementors.

> Cheers,
> David

regards,
Rémi