RFR: 8255968: Confusing error message for inaccessible constructor [v2]

Guoxiong Li github.com+13688759+lgxbslgx at openjdk.java.net
Wed Nov 25 07:22:56 UTC 2020

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 18:42:11 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadamore at openjdk.org> wrote:

>  That said, given the nature of the code involved, is not super trivial to come up with an example which demonstrates the difference

I can't find a example to demonstrate the differences too.

> While the tests you add are good, I don't see the corresponding tests for the method reference case.

I add corresponding tests about the method reference cases.

> If an access error shows up and we already have an access error, you add that to the list of "candidates", and return a WRONG_MTHS kind.

It should be:  If an **InapplicableMethodException** occurs and we already have an access error

I add some comments to state the situations and improve readability.

Thank you for taking the time to review.