[jdk19] RFR: 8245268: -Xcomp is missing from java launcher documentation

Vladimir Kozlov kvn at openjdk.org
Sat Jul 2 02:15:46 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2 Jul 2022 01:04:19 GMT, Igor Veresov <iveresov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Updated man pages from markdown sources.

I am not sure some words changes are correct?

May be we should cleanup and update all these man pages as separate issue. And apply only `-Xcomp` changes.

@iklam
 you recently pushed changes https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/9024 which included only CDS related update.
Did you discuss this issue during your changes review?

src/java.base/share/man/java.1 line 3682:

> 3680: .RS
> 3681: .PP
> 3682: The following examples show how to set the mimimum size of allocated

`mimimum`?

src/java.base/share/man/java.1 line 5367:

> 5365: \f[CB];\f[R]
> 5366: .PP
> 5367: (The names "static" and "dyanmic" are used for historical reasons.

`dyanmic` ?