RFR: JDK-8042981: Strip type annotations in Types' utility methods [v2]

Joe Darcy darcy at openjdk.org
Sun Jun 26 22:52:43 UTC 2022

> Early review for JDK-8042981: "Strip type annotations in Types' utility methods". I work more often in the Element world rather than the Type word of the annotation processing APIs.
>
> The type annotations on primitive types are *not* cleared by the existing annotation clearing mechanisms. I suspect Type.Visitor is missing a case for primitive types. Someone with familiarity with javac's type modeling should take a look; thanks.

Joe Darcy has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the last revision:

 - Update visitor; all langtools regression tests pass.
 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8042981
 - JDK-8042981: Strip type annotations in Types' utility methods

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8984/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8984/files/8c0e1817..0dacb981

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=8984&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=8984&range=00-01

  Stats: 77527 lines in 1908 files changed: 44921 ins; 17904 del; 14702 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/8984/head:pull/8984

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8984