RFR: 8287137: Problemlist failing x86_32 tests after Loom integration

Maurizio Cimadamore mcimadamore at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 23 16:50:50 UTC 2022

On Mon, 23 May 2022 15:36:01 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Okay, so the issue is SpliteratorTest uses preview APIs and having the configuration in TEST.properties means that all the streams tests are run with this option.
>
> Yes, `TEST.properties` is way too broad. I'd keep the current patch as is, instead of trying to fix that one. I suspect there is some funky TestNG/othervm interaction going...

These specific stream tests are odd, in the sense that they live in a test root that is TestNG and they are only "imported" into jtreg. The toplevel TEST.properties file gets only once chance to set the correct parameters, for all tests. I've tried adding more local flags, nearer to the test, w/o success. I'm obviously happy to do it another way.

I have tried adding a jtreg header in that test, but that doesn't fix the problem - because _all_ the tests are passed to testng at once, which compiles them and runs them. So either the flag is present when that happens, or it is ignored.