Speed tuning for HashMap - Was: {Re: OpenJDK Forum: Core Libraries Round Table}

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 18:40:52 UTC 2009

( CC'd the list addresses )

Hi Josh,

thanks for the e-mail addresses.

The subject, I like to discuss, is an RFE I've recently filed:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6812862 [provide
customizable hash() algorithm in HashMap for speed tuning]

The RFE was rejected from Sun engineers, and a workaround was given.
Looking closer to this, I came to the opinion, that the given workaround
wouldn't fulfil the need of my request, and added my comments accordingly.

Now I'm afraid, I will never get an answer on my comments, nor the RFE
would be reopened if overthought my arguments.

Maybe YOU can give me additional explanation, why the RFE was rejected,
or why my arguments are invalid.
... or perhaps you can force it to be reopened.

Thanks in advance,

-Ulf, Cologne, Germany