Review request for 5049299

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Sat Jun 6 02:13:07 UTC 2009

Michael,

I think the best way to handle the coordination is in two steps.
I'd like to get my Linux-clone changes in first (you should review,
I will commit)
and then we switch hats and I will review your Solaris changes.
It seems best to do this in two steps: to better place blame when
it breaks (this is very tricky stuff to get right).
If you agree, please review my posted changes.

Aside: Instead of griping about the missing execvpe,
I filed a bug against glibc, and was surprised to find
that Ulrich Drepper had implemented it a couple of days later.
It will probably be in glibc-2.11.  Perhaps in 5 years we can
use it ourselves...).  Thanks, Uli!

Martin