Miscellaneous improvements to "jar".

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Thu Jun 25 19:00:32 UTC 2009

I have an updated version of this fix, with these changes:

- Documented the turkish i problem

    /**
     * Compares two strings for equality, ignoring case.  The second
     * argument must contain only upper-case ASCII characters.
     * We don't want case comparison to be locale-dependent (else we
     * have the notorious "turkish i bug").
     */
    private boolean equalsIgnoreCase(String s, String upper) {

- Refactored code so that updateEntry now also sets the method to STORED.

        /**
         * Updates a ZipEntry which describes the data read by this
         * output stream, in STORED mode.
         */
        public void updateEntry(ZipEntry e) {
            e.setMethod(ZipEntry.STORED);
            e.setSize(n);
            e.setCrc(crc.getValue());
        }

- addIndex was never updating the size in the ZipEntry (as required),
  which was not previously noticed because closeEntry was never called.

    private void addIndex(JarIndex index, ZipOutputStream zos)
        throws IOException
    {
        ZipEntry e = new ZipEntry(INDEX_NAME);
        e.setTime(System.currentTimeMillis());
        if (flag0) {
            CRC32OutputStream os = new CRC32OutputStream(crc32);
            index.write(os);
            os.updateEntry(e);
        }
        zos.putNextEntry(e);