Rewrite of IBM doublebyte charsets

Xueming Shen Xueming.Shen at Sun.COM
Sun May 17 21:00:14 UTC 2009

Ulf Zibis wrote:
> Am 14.05.2009 22:55, Xueming Shen schrieb:
>> Thanks again for taking time on this. Here is the IBM db charsets webrev
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/ibmdb/webrev
>>
>> This is a bigger fish than the EUC_TW:-)
>>

> *** Encoder-Suggestions:
>
> (26) Why copying String to char[] in initC2B(), String access should
> be same fast?:
>      - char[] sb = b2cSB.toCharArray();
>      - char[] db = b2c[i].toCharArray();
>
> -Ulf

because the b2c tables need to be updated before used to generate the
c2b tables, if there is
a b2cNR table (means there are multiple "bytes" mapped to a single same
"char", when do
c->b, we need to know which "bytes" to map to, this is done by specified
that in .nr map). In
theory we need only do that if b2cNR presents, but I don't want to keep
two paths. A possible
optimization is to pass in char[] instead of String, then only make a
copy when necessary.