Request for approval: fix 4428022, System.out.println(0.001) outputs 0.0010

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu May 28 15:11:31 UTC 2009

Joseph D. Darcy wrote:
> Alan Bateman wrote:
>> Andrew Haley wrote:
>>> :
>>> OK, here it is.  I put the test in java/lang/Double/ToString.java
>>> rather than sun/misc/FloatingDecimal because the bug manifested
>>> itself in Double.toString although the fix was in
>>> FloatingDecimal.dtoa.
>>>
>> I agree that test/java/lang/Double is the best place for this. All
>> looks good to me (except minor nit, "String argv[]" -> "String[]
>> args").  Joe, are you okay with this?
>
> Yes; the changes look fine for both releases.

Thanks.  One odd problem.

I committed my change, and then did hg push.  It said:

abort: push creates new remote heads!
(did you forget to merge? use push -f to force)

OK, so I need to fetch:

 $ hg fetch
pulling from ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6/jdk
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 1 changesets with 1 changes to 1 files (+1 heads)
updating to 152:c00f461c45bc
2 files updated, 0 files merged, 5 files removed, 0 files unresolved
merging with 151:a42ec05e4313
2 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
new changeset 153:7e3508f40d3c merges remote changes with local

Try again:

 $ hg push ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6-gate/jdk
pushing to ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6-gate/jdk
searching for changes
remote: adding changesets
remote: adding manifests
remote: adding file changes
remote: added 2 changesets with 2 changes to 2 files
remote:
remote: > Changeset: 153:7e3508f40d3c
remote: > Author:    aphAutomated merge with
remote: > Date:      2009-05-28 16:04
remote: >
remote: > Automated merge with ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6/jdk
remote:
remote: Invalid comment for merge changeset (must be "Merge")
remote:
remote: abort: pretxnchangegroup.0.jcheck hook failed
remote: transaction abort!
remote: rollback completed

I think that jcheck is demanding that the merge comment must be "Merge",
but "hg fetch" generates "Automated merge with ..."

Surely this must happen to people inside Sun all the time.  So how do
y'all cope with it?

Andrew.