4206909 - adding Z_SYNC_FLUSH support to deflaters

Brandon Long blong at google.com
Fri Sep 4 22:57:14 UTC 2009

In the new Deflater.deflate, you are checking valid flush values against
NO_FLUSH twice (and missing FULL_FLUSH)

The new DeflaterOutputStream.flush, you loop as long as some output is
generated, which can call deflate an extra time.  Normally, code that
does this loops until there is no def.needsInput and the output is less
than the size of the output buffer.  I would have thought it would have
generated extra output, but then the loop would never finish... so I
guess this must work.

Overall, I'm least happy with #4, since I feel it leaves a bug.  flush()
on a stream should flush everything I've written to the stream.  This
bug is that it currently doesn't, and this doesn't fix it.  It makes it
possible for people to fix it (which isn't possible currently without
using a completely separate implementation), but it doesn't fix the bug.

Brandon

On 09/04/09 Xueming Shen uttered the following other thing:

--
 "Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of" -- Steven Wright
                                           http://www.fiction.net/blong/