Patch for JTreg test java/net/MulticastSocket/SetOutgoingIf.java

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 23 13:35:03 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com>:
> Christopher Hegarty -Sun Microsystems Ireland wrote:
>> [cc'ing net-dev]
>>
>> Alan Bateman wrote:

>>> Pavel - this looks good me, although I think you should send it to
>>> net-dev. To make it more reliable you could also check isUp as
>>> getNetworkInterface may enumerate network interfaces that are down.
>>
>> I agree with Alan here, it is best to check isUp also.
>>
>> Alan created the following bug for this:
>>  6884837: "test/java/net/MulticastSocket/SetOutgoingIf.java should check
>> if interfaces are up/support multicast"
>>
>> I see you have push access, so if you make the appropriate changes
>> (mentioned above) I can review the webrev and you can use the above bug
>> number and description to push the changeset.
>
> Please make sure you tell Pavel which forest to push to.  It's sometimes
> hard for us outside Sun to know.
>
> Andrew.

http://openjdk.java.net/guide/repositories.html

is the source for this information, though someone at Sun needs to
update it.  The jsn tree is dead (security and net now use the tl
forest) and the i18n team push to the swing forest.
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8