6962419: TEST_BUG: java_io tests fails in samevm mode

David Holmes David.Holmes at oracle.com
Fri Jun 18 22:51:06 UTC 2010

Kelly O'Hair said the following on 06/19/10 01:23:
> Just an aside comment.
> I really hate import wildcards, seems so... inexact.

I side with the person who decided that wildcard imports were a good
idea for the language. I think explicitly listing every single type used
by a class as if it were a long list of C header includes is just wrong.
I can see how some tools might find it useful, but for the programmer
... yuck! If the IDE does it for you that helps but even then I don't
want to see that list regardless.

Just my 2c as I run out the door on vacation :)

David