Review Request -- 5045147 : When TreeMap is empty explicitly check for null keys in put() [updated]

Jason Mehrens jason_mehrens at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:05:28 UTC 2011

Hi Steve,

I was one of the people that provided feedback on Mike's patch.  In my case, it was a mishap of reply to sender vs. reply to all.  I don't have the original email but, the result are visible in the test case that Mike wrote.  My main concern with the old patch that if you use a raw type (think legacy code) you can poison a TreeMap/TreeSet with non-null object that cannot be compared.  I remembered reviewing that code back in JSR166 maintenance review.  I can't take credit for it since the review section of the bug report does a great job of explaining the evolution of the correct patch.  http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5045147

Jason