Review Request for 7024172 "Move platform MXBeans to java.lang.management"

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Mon Mar 28 19:01:05 UTC 2011

  On 03/27/11 14:29, Alan Bateman wrote:
> Mandy Chung wrote:
>>

>> 7024172: Move BufferPoolMXBean and PlatformLoggingMXBean to
>> java.lang.management
>>
>> Webrev at:
>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/webrev.00/
>> javadoc at:
>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/api
>>
> I've reviewed the changes, I'm sure Éamonn will too. Mostly look okay
> to me, with a couple of small comments.
>
> In Managamenet.getPlatformMXBean (L647 and L723) it relies on
> PlatformComponent.getSingletonMXBean throwing IAE. It might be more
> obvious to use isSingleton instead and to throw the IAE if not.

I cleaned that up.

> ManagementFactoryHelper L148 - is this LoggingMXBean interface needed
> (just wondering if PlatformLoggingImpl could just instead implement
> PlatformLoggingMXBean and j.u.logging.LoggingMXBean).

This LoggingMXBean is needed to create a compliant MXBean; otherwise, if
PlatformLoggingImpl implements PlatformLoggingMXBean and
j.u.logging.LoggingMXBean directly, MBeanServer will throw a
NonCompliantMBeanException.   As specified in the MXBean,

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/management/MXBean.html#mxbean-def

If an object implements two MXBean interfaces, it is a non-compliant
MXBean or it extends StandardMBean.

I added the comment to explain this.

> PlatformLoggingMXBean.getLoggerNames reads "Returns the list of
> currently registered loggers" where as it is actually the list of the
> names of the registered loggers.
>
> Minor inconsistency in PlatformLoggingMXBean in that two of the
> methods have spaces around the parameters, whereas the other two don't.

Fixed.

Here is the latest webrev:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/webrev.01/

Thanks