classlist.* and jar_reorder ?

Kelly Ohair kelly.ohair at oracle.com
Tue Jul 3 15:00:29 UTC 2012

not sure anyone ever created docs on it

it lists the hot classes as i recall and the intention was to force a particular class order in rt.jar for performance reasons, like the mapfiles forced hot native functions into fewer pages on solaris

There is a JarReorder class or build tool in the make directory that gets this list and the actual  list creates a new one to supply jar when rt.jar gets made in Release.gmk

it was created around the time of class data sharing in hotspot  and might be related to that

i worked on the JarReorder tool  but that is just a tool

hope this helps

my thumb is tired now :(

Sent from my iPhone