RFR: 7186111 fix test java/rmi/activation/ActivationSystem/unregisterGroup/UnregisterGroup

Stuart Marks stuart.marks at oracle.com
Fri Jul 27 23:58:09 UTC 2012

Great! Glad you found a way to pass a random port through to the activated objects.

Poking around further, I think it's possible to use rmid's registry for
everything (instead of having the test start up its own registry) and to pass
the port information through to the activated objects running in rmid
subprocesses via the -C option. However, that's more work, and we'll keep that
in mind for the future.

I've removed the extra call to ActivationLibrary.deactivate() from the top of
the run() method, since this reintroduced the race condition that might cause
the callback object not to be called.

I also added a few comments to explain the ordering requirements, and the
possibility of using RMID's registry.

Pushed:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/018e555a7a07

s'marks