RFR for JDK-6963118 Intermittent test failure: test/java/nio/channels/Selector/Wakeup.java fail intermittently (win)

srikalyan chandrashekar srikalyan.chandrashekar at oracle.com
Tue Dec 3 02:39:47 UTC 2013

Hi all, I am working on bug JDK-6963118
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6963118> .
Root Cause:
- Sensitive timing dependency between events in Main and Sleeper threads
are causes for test failure.

Suggested Fix:
   1) Main thread should wait for more than 1sec(made it 3sec) and check
more often than 50ms(made it 1ms) intervals , sleeper thread may be
still waiting for interrupt/wakeup hence main thread waiting for just
1sec to flag a failure is premature . The reason is especially on
windows high priority virus scanners etc run(we faced it when simulating
failures) and kept the system busy.
   2) The test is essentially a sequence of 2 events
   a)Firing up wakeups/interrupts followed by a
   b)Check
  Check the sleeper.entries value and yield the main thread as required
so that the above 2 events step in tandem.

The webrev is hosted at
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cl/host_for_kal/6963118-Wakeup/ .
Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

--

--
Thanks