RFR: 8028816: Add value-type notice to Optional* classes

Stuart Marks stuart.marks at oracle.com
Wed Dec 4 02:06:31 UTC 2013

Overall looks fine.

If you're listing yourself as the reviewer, jcheck will object if you're also
the changeset author. Instead of listing Brian Goetz in Contributed-by, make him
the changeset author instead. Using MQ, do "hg qref -u briangoetz".

The gist of the paragraph being added to each class is,

     Use of identity-sensitive operations ... on instances of <class>
     may have unpredictable effects and should be avoided.

The phrase "unpredictable effects" strikes me oddly. This phrase is also used at
the very end of the HTML doc. It makes it sound as if using an
identity-sensitive operation might have side effects. That won't be the case, as
far as I know. Using such an operation will indeed have "unpredictable results".
That phrase is used at the beginning of the last paragraph of the HTML doc, and
it makes much more sense to me than "unpredictable effects".

s'marks