8029805/8029806: Remove XXX addPropertyChangeListener and removePropertyChangeListener methods

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Dec 10 11:06:48 UTC 2013

(This one is for the jdk9-dev forest once it is created)

The addPropertyChangeListener and removePropertyChangeListener methods
defined by Pack200.{Packer,Unpacker} and LogManager methods are
deprecated and flagged with a warning that they "will be removed in a
future release". This is highlighted in the EDR and Public Review of JSR
337 and also flagged in JEP 162.

I'd like to swing the axe early in JDK 9 so as to give every opportunity
for anything that might have a dependency. There are a few other
modularity related changes that need to go in early too but this is the
only one that involves the removal of methods.

The webrev with the changes is here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8029805%2b8029806/webrev/

I've cc'ed build-dev as there are make file changes to remove the
de-beaning rules (these methods do not exist in subset Profiles of Java
SE and were removed as part of the build).

-Alan.