RFR: 8027536: rmic: add deprecation warning message

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Wed Dec 11 22:37:22 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 2:25 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
> On 12/11/2013 1:53 PM, Stuart Marks wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just one more deprecation task for JDK 8....
>>
>> Please review the following change to rmic to add a warning message
>> that's emitted when static stubs are generated:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8027536/webrev.0/
>>

> The change looks okay.   The error(...) method is called to print
> warnings seems to be confusing.  Perhaps better to call
> output(getText(....)) directly?

One other note:  AFAIK the last message drop for jdk8 localization was
done.  It means that the Japanese and Chinese version will not be
updated matching your patch.   It's okay for the new warning message as
it will fall back to the default English version.   For the existing
-v1.1, -vcompat, -v1.2 options, the Japanese and Chinese version will
not have "(deprecated)" word in it.   I suggest to edit the other
localized versions to update the modified existing messages.

Mandy