RFR java.time serialization

roger riggs roger.riggs at oracle.com
Mon Dec 16 20:21:57 UTC 2013

Hi Sherman,

Thanks for the comments, corrected and updated the webrev:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-time-serialization/

On 12/16/2013 1:00 PM, Xueming Shen wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 09:02 AM, roger riggs wrote:
>> Please review these changes to java.time serialization.
>> The format of the serialized data is unchanged; deserialization
>> uses readObject instead of readResolve to flag invalid values.
>>
>> Webrev:
>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-time-serialization/
>>
>> Thanks, Roger
>>
> || *
> *(1) test/java/time/tck/java/time/serial/TCKLocalDateSerialization.java*
> *
>    -- import not necessary?
removed extra imports

> (2) AbstractTCKTest.assertNotSerializable()
>
>   -- the problem is that this test fails with current readResolve()
>   implementation, as we chatted last Friday. So it might be hard to
>   say it's a bulletproof test. But I guess it might not be worth to
>   a proof there would be a loophole here if only define the readResolve()
>   to throw the IOE.
Thanks, Yes, the test(s) should be more liberal and catch Exception instead
of only InvalidObjectException since any exception during deserialization
terminates serialization.

Thanks, Roger