RFR: java/util/logging/Logger/setResourceBundle/TestSetResourceBundle.java failing again

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Tue Dec 17 11:57:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

Please find below a fix for what I believe is a test bug.
I plan to push this in JDK 9 dev.

This seems to be a very intermittent failure.
It looks as if a logger held in a local variable can be
arbitrarily garbage collected if that variable is no longer
used.
To prevent arbitrary garbage collection of such loggers, the fix
makes sure to use the variable again at the end of the test.

In the event that my analysis were wrong, I have also added
some debug traces that should help if this test fails again in
similar situations.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8030187/webrev.00/

best regards,

-- daniel