RFR: 8029795 : LinkedHashMap.getOrDefault() doesn't update access order. (was Why doesn't new Map methods generate entry accesses on LinkedHashMap?)

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Tue Dec 17 13:51:18 UTC 2013

On Dec 17, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Mike Duigou <mike.duigou at oracle.com> wrote:

> I've updated the documentation per Paul's suggestions. Specifically, in addition to the existing put() and get() methods the new Map methods
>
> putIfAbsent()
> getOrDefault()
> compute()
> computeIfAbsent()
> computeIfPresent()
> merge()
>
> are all documented to perform a single access of the entry (assuming that an entry is created or modified as a result).
>
> replace()
>
> is documented as accessing the entry, if it exists and a replacement is made. If no replacement is made then no access is recorded.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8029795/2/webrev/

Looking good. Just one v. minor thing for:

+ * invocation completes). The {@code replace} method only results in an access
+ * of the entry if the value is replaced.  The {@code putAll} method generates one

There are two replace methods:

* invocation completes). The {@code replace} methods only results in an access