Suggestion: Add the method isEmpty in the classes StringBuilder and StringBuffer

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Mon Feb 11 14:29:45 UTC 2013

Am 11.02.2013 12:54, schrieb Hildeberto Mendonça:
> Hello,
>
> we have a scenario where a project with approximately 500K lines of code is
> going through a large refactoring. One of the changes was to replace string
> concatenations in loops by StringBuilder.

Are you aware, that behind the scenes, String concatenations are automatically internally replaced
from javac by StringBuilder invocations, so in the end you might have less readable code, which is
still not faster than before.

> Having shown that, we would like to know if there was a previous discution
> on the inclusion or not of a method isEmpty in the StringBuilder.

+1 anyway

-Ulf