FYC : JDK-7197183 : Improve copying behaviour of String.subSequence()

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Feb 19 19:55:45 UTC 2013

Am 19.02.2013 20:00, schrieb Mike Duigou:
> If I update this patch I will add Ulf suggestion of adding AbstractStringBuilder as a third
> instanceof case. Mike

Thanks!
I'm stil wondering, why HotSpot doesn't optimize
             for (int i = start, j = count; i < end; i++, j++) {
                 value[j] = s.charAt(i);
             }
to something equivalent of System.arrayCopy(...)
Maybe we could introduce a new intrinsic for something like
     CharSequence.rangeCopy(int start, int end, CharSequence dst, int start)

-Ulf