8008290: (profiles) Startup regression due to additional checking of JAR file manifests

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Thu Feb 21 20:19:21 UTC 2013

On 2/21/2013 12:01 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

>> A minor note - the list of known jar files seems to be incomplete
>> (e.g. tzdb.jar and some windows-specific ones).  I think it may be
>> better to file a bug to follow up this and maybe even better to
>> replace the hardcoded list with other mechanism (if appropriate).
> The list doesn't have to be complete, this is just the JAR files that
> will be skipped. I completed list that hardcoded list needs clean-up
> (even the construction of) and that's the clean-up I hinted at in the
> first mail. I decided not to change in this round as I just wanted to
> restore the startup. Also it takes time to verify startup across a
> number of platforms so changing code in this area takes a bit longer
> to verify.

Right - this list doesn't have to be complete.   I agree that it's
better not to do the cleanup in your fix. I think very few people is
aware of this hardcoded list and such startup improvement and it may
worth filing a bug so that this is tracked and referenced if there is
any startup regression related to this (that's what I meant with "follow
up" - sorry I confused you).

Mandy