hg: jdk8/tl/jdk: 8008167: IdentityHashMap.[keySet|values|entrySet].toArray speed-up

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Feb 25 09:51:07 UTC 2013

On 25/02/2013 04:06, Mike Duigou wrote:
> I have created an issue for fixing the introduced regression and created a regression test that would have caught the error (fix a bug, write a test...).
>
> 8008785: IdentityHashMap.values().toArray(V[]) broken by JDK-8008167
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8008785/0/webrev
>
> Mike
The fix to IdentityHashMap looks good. It is surprising that it wasn't
caught by tests in the jdk repository so a reminder that we always need
to check that we have good test coverage when doing performance fixes.

The webrev suggests you've replaced Map/Collisions.java and assume that
is not the intention. Otherwise the new test looks okay, an alternative
would have been to expand MOAT.

-Alan.