8006409: ThreadLocalRandom should dropping padding fields from its serialized form

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Mon Feb 25 21:46:59 UTC 2013

[ Subject: 8006409: ThreadLocalRandom should drop padding fields
   from its serialized form (was: Re: RFR (S): CR 8005926: (thread)
   Merge ThreadLocalRandom state into java.lang.Thread) ]

I think we are in agreement that the pad fields can safely be removed
from the serial form. No problem. To remain compatible with the TLR
implementation in jdk7, and to have a reconstituted TLR behave
reasonably, we need to continue to write a sensible value for rnd.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8006409/webrev.00/webrev/

If I can get agreement on this simple change, I'll finalize the "spec"
change, with respect to the serial form of TLR, and hopefully we can put
this one to bed.

-Chris.