Review: 7032154 - Performance tuning of sun.misc.FloatingDecimal/FormattedFloatingDecimal

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Thu Feb 28 21:17:59 UTC 2013

Hello,

This concerns the issue http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7032154.

The patch described in the issue has been updated to be with respect to the current JDK repository tip. The updated version is attached to this message.

This is a large patch so it would be great to have comments from anyone interested in this area. At this point I think that it would be of most interest to identify errors, if any, as opposed to providing further suggestions for tweaking the code, although any comments whatsoever are of course welcome.

All pertinent JTREG tests have been run successfully. The plan is to conduct further testing in parallel with code review.

Once this patch has been validated and committed we can move on to other patches in this area, notably http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4396272, http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7192954, and http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7131192.

Thanks,

Brian