RFR : 8017566 : Backout 8000450 - Cannot access to com.sun.corba.se.impl.orb.ORBImpl

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Fri Jul 12 13:14:34 UTC 2013

The recent 8000450 has caused issue for JCK testing and some RMI/JMX
testing also.The CORBA package interaction between org.omg,
com.sun.corba.se.spi, javax.rmi and other packages into
com.sun.corba.se.impl classes needs better analysis and won't be
complete for 7u40.

It's rare to have security manager installed with CORBA app but we need
to cater for it. The JCK testsuite tests this scenario but it doesn't
have sufficient privileges in the stack when launching the CORBA server
during test setup phase. None the less, it's something the JDK code
should handle. The structure of the CORBA packages and users of it needs
to be better scoped out. For now, I propose reversing the change for
both jdk8 and jdk7u40.

webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8000450.7u40/webrev/

regards,
Sean.