RFR 7122142 : (ann) Race condition between isAnnotationPresent and getAnnotations

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Jul 15 05:45:02 UTC 2013

Joel, Peter,

I've looked at the synchronization changes and the use of CAS and it
seems sound.

The only performance-related concern is the wasted effort when multiple
threads each call "new AnnotationType(annotationClass)". But if that
turns out to be an issue we can address it (using memoization pattern
that installs a Future for the AnnotationType).

Thanks,
David