Review request: JDK-8016579 (process) IOException thrown by ProcessBuilder.start() method is incorrectly encoded

Dan Xu dan.xu at oracle.com
Mon Jul 15 20:34:35 UTC 2013

I guess Alexey made the changes based on the existing implementation of
JVM_GetLastErrorString() in hotspot, which is os::lasterror(char* buf,
size_t len) in os_windows.cpp.

One comment about the code at line 105 in win32Error().

  105     const int errnum = GetLastError();

Since in os_lasterror() function, both GetLastError() and errno are used
conditionally to get the error code, will the same logic used here to
get the value for errnum? Otherwise, it is possible that an error code
and message are wrongly mapped and printed out. I need to point out that
this issue is not brought up by this change, and also exists in the old
code. Thanks!

-Dan