RFR 8020921 <was> Re: CompletableFuture updates and CompletionStage

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Wed Jul 24 11:04:17 UTC 2013

Hi Paul, Doug,

I am happy to be considered as a reviewer for this change. I think the
separation of policies and execution mechanisms from the fluent
completion-style capabilities is nice.

Some minor comments/questions:
1) Should CS.toCompletableFuture declare UnsupportedOperationException
    in its @throws ?

2) "All CompletionStage methods are implemented independently of other
     public methods, so the behavior of one method is not impacted by
     overrides of others in subclasses."

     I guess this could be an implNote, but then it might not be as
     conveniently placed.

3) "Actions supplied for dependent completions of non-async methods may
     be performed by the thread that completes the current
     CompletableFuture, or by any other caller of these methods. "

     Is "these methods" referring to other SC methods, or other CF
     methods? It should be the latter, right.

-Chris.