RFR : 7129185 : (L) Add Collections.{checked|empty|unmodifiable}Navigable{Map|Set}

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Tue Jun 18 22:14:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for reusing the existing testing infrastructure I wrote many years
ago.

---
I'm a big fan of diversity in testing, and so I much prefer using a
different random seed every time to the "reliability" of deterministic
tests.  I you wanted to add repeatability support, you could easily have
the test save the initial seed and provide it in case of failure.

-    static final Random rnd = new Random();+    static final Random
rnd = new Random(8675309);

---
I don't like the removal of tests below.  Can we find some other way of
handling this (perhaps by catching NotSerializableException, as I did in
MOAT.java?)
                    if (! (xxx.getCause() instanceof
NotSerializableException))

-        if (maybe(4) && s instanceof Serializable)-
equal2(s, serialClone(s));+// mduigou: I had to comment this out for
the Collection wrappers which wrap+// unserializable sets.+//