RFR 8017044 & 8017045: anti-delta two changesets

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Jun 19 10:24:07 UTC 2013

On 19/06/2013 10:16, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> There is uncertainty around the issues that have come up as a result
> of the follow two changesets, I would like to propose we anti-delta them:
>
>   http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/989049977d04
>   http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/langtools/rev/455be95bd1b5
>
> :
>
> The anti-delta changes revert the files to their exact state before
> the changes were applied.
Just so folks know, we have stability issues at the moment that seem to
stem from having the bridging in HotSpot at the same time as the
compiling bridging. Robert has agreed off-list to revert the changes
until the issues are fully understood. There are 150+ changes queued up
in jdk8/tl at the moment and so reverting the bridging changes now means
that the queued up changes can get to master without destabilizing it.

Chris - the revert looks fine to me, thanks for taking this on.

-Alan