test with a 3rd party jar file?

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Thu Jun 27 10:34:09 UTC 2013

On 27/06/2013 08:50, huizhe wang wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the information! I'll give it a try.
>
> On 6/26/2013 6:18 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
>> The streams package recently added tests for exercising
>> package-private implementation.
>>
>> Top level dir contain the TEST.properties to add to the bootclasspath:
>
> Do you mean TEST.properties need to be in the top level directory (e.g.
> javax/xml/jaxp), can it be put anywhere that contains a block of tests?

Yes, I believe so. You must put it somewhere that it does not impact on
other tests, since all tests below that directory hierarchy will be
impacted by it.

> In my particular case, I only want to run a single test with the jar
> file on the bootclasspath.

Create a directory structure somewhere in the regression library
appropriate to your changes, say javax/xml/jaxp/boottest/. Create
javax/xml/jaxp/boottest/TEST.properties. Then put your test at
javax/xml/jaxp/boottest/xxx/yyy/zzz/Test.java ( where xxx.yyy.zzz is
your package name ).

-Chris.