ProcessReaper: single thread reaper

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:02:28 UTC 2014

Hi Martin, Roger,

Just a thought. Would it be feasible to have two (ore more) built-in
strategies, selectable by system property? A backwards compatible tread
per child, using waitpid(pid, ...), a single reaper thread using
waitpid(-1, ...), maybe also single threaded strategy accessible only on
Linux/Solaris using waitid(-1, ..., WNOWAIT)... All packed nicely in a
package-private interface (ProcessReaper) with multiple implementations?

Regards, Peter