Covariant overrides on the Buffer Hierachy

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Mon Apr 21 12:07:36 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

Am 21.04.2014 13:10, schrieb Peter Levart:
> Since the public part of Buffer type hierarchy is (mostly) just two-level, an alternative would be
> to generify java.nio.Buffer:

Hey wow, some time ago I also tried to find a compiling and working code in that sense, but I stranded.

But what for an effort, just to avoid retyping of same object in java code ???

So to me, this is clearly a language matter, not to solve by tricky footprint and/or performance
lasting code on APIs:
People want a _smart syntax_ for consecutive method invocations on the same object, that's all!

-Ulf